How to get up and running using Secure Virtual Terminal
1. How to sign-up and login to Secure Virtual Terminal
2. Connecting your payment provider account to Paytia
3. Set up your telephony
4. Register your payment card
5. Getting started
Sign up and log in
When you purchase Secure Virtual Terminal you will be directed to a sign-up page.
Input name, company name, email and a password.
When completed your will be asked to complete a three-step setup process:
Step 1: Connecting your payment-provider account to your Paytia service
Follow the instructions. The process of connecting your payment gateway/provider to your Paytia Secure Virtual Terminal will vary by provider.
Step 2: Set up your telephony
To take payments on a phone call, that call must pass through the Paytia Platform.
All calls are connected to the Paytia Platform using a Paytia phone number that you select during set up.
In addition you're asked to provide the phone number on which you want to receive or make calls.
Once you have provided these you can then decide how to configure your telephony to suit how you want to receive calls from customers.
Incoming customer calls
To enable customers to call you and make a payment, you can either;
- Publish the new Paytia number to customers
- Ask Paytia to port your number to the Paytia service
- Or if you have one, connect to Paytia from your cloud phone system
Further information on this topic can be found here.
Outbound calls to customers
To enable your business to call customers you can;
- Enter the telephone number you will be calling from (company number or personal, they must be identified by Paytia as a trusted number)
- Every number you wish to call from must be trusted by Paytia, otherwise Paytia will not recognise that you are calling from your business to a customer.
Other configurations can be accommodated — contact us for more information.
Step 3: Register your payment card
You will then be asked to register your payment card for billing. You're now ready to start taking payments.
By default you are set up as administrator and user.
In order to start taking payments click on the button that says Click to take a payment
For more information on how to take a payment read this article.
If you want to switch to administration from user you can use the toggle on the top of your left-hand menu:
Alternatively you can go straight to your admin dashboard by clicking on Access your administration console
Configuring your Secure Virtual Terminal
Your Secure Virtual Terminal is packed full of customizable features.
Read this article for more information on how to change your setup, customize your agent payment screen instructions, and many other features.